This week, Sean welcomes journalist Steve Silberman, author of NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Diversity, to set the record straight about the recent “explosion” of autism diagnoses.
- How Adolf Hitler sent our understanding of autism back 40-50 years.
- The man who shamed thousands of parents by blaming autism on “refrigerator mothers”.
- BOMBSHELL: A single-word typo in a diagnostic manual that forever changed the face of autism.
- Why vaccines are NOT responsible for the modern rise in autism diagnoses.
- How the anti-vaccine movement may be hampering the efforts for improved services and education for autistic children and adults.
PLUS, a huge announcement about The Digestion Sessions!